Sunday, August 21, 2005

Condition: Single Mission: Succeed at the club/bar

I went out with some friends from college to celebrate Jason's birthday. After seeing 40 Year Old Virgin (which was suprisingly good), we went to Lion's Head on Lincoln Ave in Chicago. This is the bar that used to be called the Alumni Club on Lincoln. The street level has a two bar areas and upstairs is the "club" area (meaning really loud music and a dance floor). Beata and I still haven't talked so I think I can definately say that we really aren't going to get back together this time.

All my live I've wished I could be "bulletproof" at the bar. I think the chances that I would meet someone truely compatible with me at the bar are extremely slim, but I've always wished I could just approach women with no regard for rejection. About eight years ago, my friend Russell had demonstrated this technique when he made that offer that I "point and shoot." Those were his words. He meant that I could pick out any group of girls, and he would lead us over there to initiate a coversation (well, really intiate a pickup as that's what guys are really try to do). He shocked me actually following through. I pointed out several groups of girls and we went and talked to them. Of course, we had no success. The best I've ever done was two years ago, about a month before I started dating Beata. I was in great shape at the time, and things were looking promising with Beata, so I really had confidence that I've seldom had in my life. I went up to several women that I found attractive and talked to them. That's not much, but it's a huge step for someone like me. That was one of the few times I've went to the bar and felt satisfied with my actions.

Such a goal was impossible tonight as I barely satisfied the minimum goals that I set for myself. I said I'd try talking to some women, and the most I did in the club was say "Hi" to a few girls. While waiting for the bathroom at McDonald's, I did intiate some small talk with some women who were in line, but that was about it. I can't be too hard on myself this time, though, as this is the first time I've been back on the singles seen in two years. I know I still need to lose about 40 pounds, so confidence is low. Add to that the fact that I haven't been out to a club in months. I forgot how many good looking women there are at the Chicago clubs, so I was suffering from sensory overload.

Still being the optimist, I'll say today was still a pretty good day. I'm just going to try to be more outgoing in general when I leave the house, even if it's just to the gym or the grocery store. I hung out with friends which is good since I don't much social interaction by working at home.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?