Saturday, September 03, 2005

Addiction:

I rented "Madden 2006" for the PS2 Thursday night using one of my Blockbuster.com free store rentals. I didn't buy Madden 2005 last year because I found that I had played the 2004 version far too much. The online feature is just far too addicting for me. You can constatly get game after game which is great fun, even though I'm horrible at the current version. My defense has been pretty good as most people that I've played end up being predictable so I end up picking good defensive formations against them. With no offense, though, my record is just under .500.

Renting this game was a mistake because I played it all night Thursday and ended up going to sleep at 10am Friday. Then I woke up and played it into early Saturday morning. I had to stop to watch "Sahara" which I had also rented using a free rental coupon, and that was due Saturday at 12 noon. I didn't want to waste the rental so I forced myself to stop playing.

I knew I was addicted because my cell phone kept ringing, and I didn't want to answer it. Jake called me three times, and I answered the third time, telling him that I'd call him later because I didn't feel like talking. He asked me what the problem was, and I said I didn't want to talk and I had to go. He then asked me, "Are you going mental again?" The answer, is of course, yes, but fortunately I've decided to stop playing the game. I'm sure I'll play it a few more times before I return it on Friday, but I'm going to try to not have it take over my life like "World of Warcraft" did.

On a final note, I can't help but wonder if all this isn't related with me not running this week. It seems that my life has to be balanced or I end up messing up on all fronts. I haven't run, so I have been eating like crazy, and then I ended up being addicted to this game for 3 days.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?