Sunday, November 13, 2005

AMOG practice:

Well, tonight was the best night of sarging yet for me. No closes, but one definately could have been a number close if I hadn't messed it up. I found myself in territory that I hadn't navigated before: that being the actual isolation move. This is an example of why theory people have to get out in the field. I had read all the theories about isolation, when when it came time to make the move, I ended up not doing it. I'll explain later.

I got home late last night and was tired all day. Luckily, I woke up at 4:15pm, which was just in time to hit the indoor track before it closed. Working out before sarging does seem to make a difference because I was in a great mood the entire night. I talked Colorado out of going to boat to play poker, and he had agreed to come out. At 9pm, I was ready to go out. I called Jason and he said he couldn't or wouldn't go out. Next I called Colorado, and he didn't answer his phone. At that point, I figured Colorado was getting busted up on Partypoker. I figured I'd have to go out by myself so I started to get dressed. Just as I'm ready to walk out the door, Colorado calls me back and he decides to indeed come out.

On the way to Alumni, we see two cute girls driving on Rte 53. Colorado smiled at them. When we saw them get off at Algonquin Rd, I guessed they were probably going to Alumni Club too. I was right and we ended up seeing them in the club. I tell my wing that we should go approach them. As I walk up, he gets scared and leaves so I end up approaching them solo. I make some joke about them following us. As I expected, they gave me this weird look, and then I explain that I had seen them on Rte 53. I then tried my new improved tent opener. I went three all three parts the opener, and then started to talk to them about other stuff. I was angry at Colorado because he showed up later and then bailed again. Had he been a good wing, the set would have probably went better. Instead, I ended up having to get practing with an AMOG situation.

There was some guy across the table that I guess got courage to approach this set when he saw me talking to them. Those girls had been drinking a pitcher at the table for at least 5 mins (yes I violated the 3 sec rule), so he had a chance to approach if he hadn't been chicken. Anyway, he starts talking to the HB6 brunette. A few seconds later he acknowledges me. I immediately go into the cool guy AMOG tactic as it was the only one I could think of at the time. I tell him, "Hey, what's up? You look like a cool guy." He then thought he could intimidate me because he was a few inches taller than me and bigger than me (some muscle but a lot of fat too). He told me something like, "Why don't you get out of here? I know these girls." I knew he was full of shit, and I didn't want to back down so I basically called him on his BS. At that point, I was thinking he might be ready to escalate by threatening me. I was ready with a line I'd read on fastseduction. If he had said he wanted to kick my ass or something, I would have said something like, "I tell you what. Why don't we we have a one arm push up contest? Then after that we could do pose-down." He briefly tried to make some BS joke or threat saying he should grab his gun from his car (his tone of voice was not a threatening one), but then he said something like, "You know I'm just joking about all this."

He gets these girls to play quarters with him. At this point, I started to realize that I was screwed with this set, but I didn't want to back down to this dude so I just hung around. The HB6 brunette was talking to this guy and her friend seemed to be getting bored with my material. Before the quarter game could start, the dude asks me if I have a quarter. I say that I don't because I only carry bills. I told him to go get one. He gets a quarter. Someone loses the quarter when it falls on the floor, and one of this dude's buddies go gets some more quarter. At that point, I felt I was doing well with AMOG tactics.

The dude was persistant and then tries to tool me by passing the quarter by me to keep me out of the game. The bitches decided to play along twice by not letting me have the quarter. Obviously, I have no chance but I still want to hang out and make sure this guy wouldn't score while I was there. I got passed a second time. The third time, the brunette dropped the quarter on the floor. As she went to pick it up, I grabbed it from her and told her not to try that crap with me. Anyway, I find myself back in the stupid quarters game. The next round, the brunette lands the quarter in the cup.

Now this dumb ass had filled the glass that was the target. This nasty quarter that had fallen on the floor was now in the drink and the brunette asked the dude to drink it. He then chugged it. Shortly after, the girls excused themselves to the bathroom. I knew that it was time to leave, but I wanted to still show I wasn't intimidated by this fool, so I shook his hand and told him to take it easy. In retrospect, I'm not sure if helped. I did show him I wasn't scared of him (I made sure to look him right in the eye when I shook his hand). On the other hand, he had tried to tool me in the quarters game, yet I was still saying bye to him. I guess neither of us winded up with that set so mission accomplished.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?