Sunday, November 13, 2005

Best set to date:

Last night, I had my best set to date. I did make some mistakes, but I'll explain that later. I stopped these two girls standing by the Golden Tee machine at Alumni Club. One was a brunette HB7.5. The other was a slightly taller blonde HB6. I tell Dave we should go open this set. I walk over, and of course, I wind up approaching solo. I didn't feel like using my tent opener, so I just said, "Hi." The girls greet me. I then ask them what brings them to Alumni Club, and they tell me they are just out drinking. I think I made some cold read that I thought was BS at the time (but it turned out to be accurate) that the HB7.5 was the party girl and the HB6 was the more conversative one. HB7.5 says they are both about equal. I then went into the Best Friend's test. I tell them that they've known each other awhile because they made the right contact. I said that if they hadn't had a connection, and had met at work or something, then I would have known. HB7.5 then mentions that they actually had met at work and ended up going to the same college, ISU.

At this point, Colorado finally shows up. I can't blame him too much as he had told me that he wasn't feeling too confident today because of ex-girlfriend problems. On top of that, we'd never gone out to the bar so he didn't know what to expect. He knew the total AFC me so he probably figured it was likely I'd just stand around and do little or nothing the whole night. Anyway, I introduce Colorado and then the girls introduce themselves as we didn't know each others name. I end up talking to HB7.5, and Colorado talks to the blonde. At this point, Colorado does very well. We talk to both of thse girls for over 5 minutes. I should have isolated but I wasn't sure when to do it so I kept putting it off.

This is where things got crazy and I can interpret things in two ways depending on how I interpret some stuff that happens later. At this point, though, I'm getting a good vibe from this girl. I had given Orathlaigh (a college friend who lives in Gainesville), an update about the AMOG situation. He had read me a "kino post" from fastseduction to remind me to do kino as I had told him I didn't do kino at all during the AMOG set. That was good because I remembered to do kino with HB7.5. When we made the introductions, I made sure to hold her hand for longer than necessary (and was surprised to see she wasn't pulling away). During the conversation, I remembered that I touched her arm and shoulders a few times and even put my hand around her back briefly. At the begining, I had kept my body turned away, but she had ended up facing me.

While I kept putting of the isolation move, HB7.5's twin sister walked by and she pointed that out to me. Then she gets a call from the sister as the sister had been looking for her. She says she's going to go find her so she leaves me there. Colorado and HB6 have been talking the entire time and continue after this. I decided to stay because I thought she was interested, plus her friend was still here. Sure enough, she came back and we talked for a bit longer. Not long after that, I still hadn't isolated and neither had Colorado (I had told him about the isolation technique, but I blame this on me. I knew what I had to do and I should have isolated.) Suddenly, Christina Aguilera's Dirty song comes on and HB7.5 starts moving to the music. She then says she loves this song. I ask her if she likes Christina's music (in general) and she said she just loves this song. She then says she wants to dance so she pulls HB6 to the dance floor. I'm pretty sure Colorado was ready to just give up there, but I pulled him along.

We got on the dance floor and started to dance with our respective chicks. Later, I'd learn that I should have grinded with HB7.5 more. I put my arm around her waist a few times but I let go. We finish the song and then she says she's going to meet up with her sister. Now, I'm not sure if she was trying to ditch me, but I say I'll tag along. I follow her. HB6 follows me, and somehow Dave gets left on the dance floor. We wind up at this table that consists of her twin, the twin's ex boyfriend, and two guy friends. HB7.5 introduces me. I then start talking to the guy sitting next to the twin because I want to make sure I disarmed the targets. I think I tried to do so too much because he actually asked me if I was trying to pick him up. LOL. After that, I say hi to the guy friends. HB7.5 must really like to dance because she ended up dacing with these guy friends. They were really grinding with her in a sandwich. While this was going on, I started talking to HB6 because she looked bored and I realized I couldn't join the dance.

Colorado shows up and he won't go back to HB6. I guess he felt she wasn't attractive enough. I then see him start talking to HB7.5. I'm like WTF, so I go over there. She starts dancing with the music, so I come up from behind and put my arms around her. She seemed to like having me run my hands up and down her torso (I didn't go lower than her hip, and I got near the breats but never touched them). Colorado keeps talking to her while I'm doing this which is annoying me. I'm willing to talk to the less attractive girl if we work it out ahead of time, but my wing isn't supposed to put moves on the girl I have staked out, especially when I'm the one who opened the set. One top of that, I had to keep the set interested for 5 minutes because he had been chicken and not come up right away.

I dance with HB7.5 a little more and Dave walks and starts talking to the twin. HB7.5 then turns and faces me. We dance for a little longer and then she and I both take a break. Colorado then comes up to me and tells me that the twin kept telling him that he should get me away from her sister. The twin said she could tell HB7.5 didn't like me. That was weird, for not liking me, she sured seemed willing to dance with me. She could have easily gotten rid of me by going back to dance with the guy friends or going to the dance floor with the guy friends. Stupid me, though, I let this stuff mess with my head. Dave still won't go talk to HB6, so we just eject. I let that comment mess my inner game so much that we didn't even say goodbye to anyway and just walked away.

Lessons learned:

Overall, this was a great set and I shouldn't be too hard on myself. Fifteen days ago, I would have stood by the wall all day and would have kept trying to convince myself to approach. Now, I approach much more easily. Colorado later told me that he was shocked how fast I approached when we walked in the bar. He said he had figured we'd talk about how we were going to approach sets at the bar when we got there, but I had approached a set only a few minutes after we walked in. On top of that, HB7.5 and HB6 to a lesser degree were unbelievable able to talk to. I regret not number closing HB7.5 because she even seemed like she would have been a fun person to spend time with. She said she liked museums, and mentioned the Museum of Science and Industry specifically. BTW, my dumb ass should have suggested that we go together at that point because I've been wanted to see that museum for some time now. Instead, I told my story about sneaking into Bodyworlds (which was probably good). She also said she liked the theater, which I do too.

Other lessons learned:
-Isolation is huge. I knew that in theory, but next time I just have to force myself to do it. This night would have gone a lot smoother had I done this. The twin wouldn't have told Colorado that stuff. Colorado wouldn't have been able to talk to HB7.5 while I was occupied. I think I also wouldn't have been more likely to number close if I had had her isolated.

-I have to keep opening more and more sets. This was definately a good ego boost (LOL, I can only imagine how much an fclose boosts the ego). I'm going to find another set that starts out smoothly like this one did, and the more sets I open, the faster it will happen.

Total approach count:
6 more, so 41 total

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?