Monday, November 28, 2005

Maui report:

I'm relaxing tonight at the hotel. I'm still recovering from my cold from last week. I can breathe well even without anti-histamines, but I've my cough doesn't seem to be improving. I believe second hand smoke from Sidegames is slowing my healing.

We arrived in Maui on Wednesday and were completely exhausted by the time we got to the Wailea Marriott. We went to the mall across the street and only found one bar that was open. The place was dead, so we left after one drink and went to sleep. The next night was Thanksgiving. We went to some local bars down the street in Kihue (sic?). One bar had a bunch of people in it, but the other two bars were dead. The busy bar had a ton of guys and couples so there was no one really to sarge. We left there disappointed.

On Friday, we came to the Ritz-Carlton in Kapalua. I had only booked the Mariott on Priceline for two days so I had to scramble to find a place to stay for the rest of the trip. I saw the Ritz available for $260 a night for Friday only so I decided to snatch it. The Marriott was a decent deal for $140/night on priceline. Expedia and other booking engines wanted $269 for the Marriott (which is a total ripoff). When I saw the Ritz offered for the same price, I figured it would be a good deal. I had planned to try to get a resort Kaanapali hotel for $180-200/night on Priceline but Sidegames liked the Ritz so much that he basically decided that we stay here for the rest of the trip. Well, as he put it, I could stay wherever I wanted, but he was staying here. Of course, that basically means that I was staying here too because I woudln't be able to find a good place for less than half of this place. I don't mind it that much as this hotel is great, but I can't help but wonder if the Hyatt of Sheraton would be good enough for like $40 less a night.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?