Monday, November 14, 2005

Regrets, Experience Points:

I feel dumb for feeling this way and I supposed I'll get over it when I go sarging again Tuesday. I can't help but ponder my failure to close HB7.5 Saturday night. I'm angry at myself for letting Colorado's info mess up my inner game. I mean, why we I just suggest that we eject just because the twin told him some stuff. Again, I should have expected that; after all, that is the whole reason one needs to isolate. At the very least, I should have made an attempt to number close at the point because I'm pretty sure she was attracted to me. I guess my oldAFC self crept back in for a moment when I was caught offguard by that comment. It's too bad Colorado hasn't yet developed into a great wingman or he could have helped me close. I can't help but wonder if he was blinded by his attraction to this girl. I have to make it clear that he is not to try to game the same girl I'm gaming or I'm simply going to operate solo in the future.

I was definately physically attracted to HB7.5, but I think what bothers me is that she seemd like my type of girl. Again, when I asked her what she likes to do for fun, the first thing she mentioned was going to museums, and she specifically mentioned the Museum of Science and Industry first. I can't say I ever met a girl that has done that. As I said previously, I've been wanting to go and see the new exhibits for awhile now.

Oh well, I guess I can use what I'm feeling now to motivate me to close future sets. I can't be too hard on myself as this is the first time a number close would have been appropriate. I'm making good progress and with more practice, I'll have more opportunities soon.

Using my RPG model, I can definately say I've moved up one or two levels last night:
-I practiced AMOG tactics.
-I've fixed some problems with my body language and I axed some obvious things on TD's 25 points list. I make sure to always stand up straight and never lean in like I used to. If a girl can't hear me, I still won't lean in. I noticed an effect of that: on Sat. HB7.5 couldn't hear me a few times, and she said, "What?" and leaned in so she could hear better. In the past, I would have been the one to lean in. When I can't hear I girl, though, I never say, "What?" anymore. I just craft my response to fit what I think she said. If she made some short comment and smiled in a way that sounded like she was making a funny comment, I just smile. If she giggles, I giggle too. If it was something longer, I sit there with this disinterested look on my face and then just ask something else.
-I feel a ton more comfortable opening 2 sets. I guess the next move will be to open a 3 or 4 sets, which I have yet to try. I kept the driver 2- set, and the HB7.5&HB6 2-set interested for 5 minutes+ by myself. The thing I still am trying to figure out is how I would isolate one if I'm by myself. I believe the answer is that I should see which one seems to be vibing better. If I've kept the set occupied for 5+ minutes, then the friend might let me isolate the target. I still think there might be a tendancy to cockblock as the friend would get bored. Another isolation move might be to ask which of the girls is more adventureous or creative. Then I can say something like, "I'm going to borrow you friend for a few mins." Then, I can rune the cube, trust test, and/or strawberry fields.
-Something that I read about just occurred to me. It might be easier to isolate a girl from a 3 or 4 set because the remaining friends can still talk amongst themselves. I should remember that when I'm having approach anxiety concerning opening those sets.
-Lone wolfs: Maybe I'm kidding myself since I've been watching football all day, but I think I've lost almost all approach anxiety when it comes to them. The thing is that I really don't see that many at Alumni Club in Schaumburg. As I think about it more, I think this applies to clubs. I haven't really practice day game, but I bet with a few more day outings, I'd feel more comfortable.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?