Friday, November 18, 2005

Thursday Bust:

There isn't much to report today. I went to Alumni Club and it was totally dead for some reason. I kept asking people if some other bar had something going on. The more I think about it, I think it's probably because people know they have a short week next week. They figure they can go out this weekend and then Wednesday next week so they decided to take it easy tonight. For whatever reason, Alumni Club was dead. I have never seen that few people there. There were more people when I got there at 9pm on Tuesday.

I made 5 approaches, but I'm going to call it only 4 approaches for my running total. One approach was to this 45 year old woman who I was totally not interested in. We talked for a bit but I found her boring to talk to. As I wasn't really trying to pick her up and I didn't learn anything, I don't think that counts as a real approach. I'll go briefly through the other approaches I made. I saw a decent set with a skinny brunette HB7 (possibly 7.5, didn't get a good look) and a fat girl HB6.5. I opened them as my first set. Well, to be exact, I started talking to the HB6.5 and before I could really open the set, the HB7 got her drink from the bartender and walked away. The HB6.5 had no choice but to follow. I suppose I could have reopened the set but I didn't see them again. Next, I saw two fatties near the dance floor (the completely empty dance floor). I tried talking to one but she could barely hear me. I didn't want to peck, so I just gave up. I saw a cute HB8 playing with some video machine a the bar. I started talking to her and found out she was a bartender there but had gotten off early. I tried to game her a bit, but we were just talking. She was busy playing the game so I couldn't really run good game.

While I was talking to the off-duty bartender, Mars opened me. He was the guy from last week. I talk stuff over with him and I'm convinced he didn't try to screw me over last week. I do think the married chicks weren't into me as I really didn't get good signs from them last week. Anyway, he said he hung out with them at Dakota's for like 30 minutes and then they basically got rid of him. I talked to Mars and then saw a two set at a table. One was a HB6.5, and the other was a cute blonde 7.5. Before I had opened the set, I told Mars to come in as a wingman if he saw me standing there for 5 minutes or more.

I opened the 6.5, but then the 7.5 handed the phone over to the 6.5 I talked to her for a bit, while the other one was on the phone, and she told me they were actually ready to leave. I don't blame them as again, Alumni Club was shitty tonight. Mars rolled in and talked for a bit and then the girls got of the phone and said they had to go. Mars asked where they were going and the HB7.5 said they were going to her boyfriend who lives down the street.

I didn't learn too much tonight. I suppose I could have opened these sets sooner, but I don't really care that I didn't. When I opened the first set, I again was shown how you really have to open both girls in a two set. I knew that, but didn't have any time to engage the other one as her drink came within 15 seconds after I opened. I suppose I could have stood in between them like I usually do when opening two sets. I learned that Mars is cool and that he goes Tuesdays and Thursdays. At least I know I'm not completely solo on those days as I have some people I can talk to when I'm not sarging.

Other lessons:

-I opened a set of guys at one point because I was bored. I talked to this good looking guy. This was right before my first set. I tried to get him to wing with me and he said I should bring the girls over and he'd buy them drinks. LOL. Total AFC behavior. It just goes to show that looks really don't matter.

-I opened pretty much every set in the bar so I should be happy with that. Again, just a few weeks ago, I would have sat there and never opened a set and been made at myself afterwards. Now, I'm beginning to do what I always wanted.

-I talked to Seamas after I went to the bar and we reminisced about old times. I thought about my old AFC self. Well, actually, I was at a level below AFC before. If I even had the game I had now in college, I would have scored. I used to sit in class and I'd always see some girl I thought was cute. I'd dream about how cool she could be and every day I tell myself that I should work up the courage to talk to her, but I never would. It's funny that if I were in that class now, I would have talked to these girls on the first day, and I might have known then that I wouldn't have liked them. What's even worse is that there were a few times that girls opened me and I still managed to screw things up. Seamas and I had a class together with this one girl. That same quarter, I only had a class with her. One day, while waiting for the other class, she started a conversation with me. I answered her question and then I ended the conversation and turned away. I had such low self esteem that I was afraid I'd bore her so I prempted by ending the conversation. She probably thought I had no interest in talking to her when I would have loved to talk to her and take her out on a date. Another time, I was about 10 minutes early for a class and this really cute girl (I remember that she was at least an 8) opened me and we talked briefly. Again, I didn't keep the conversation going long and I never talked to her again even though she had opened me.

More AFC stuff:
-I went on a date with a girl in my running class. The date went really well and at the end, I grabbed her backpack from the trunk of my car. She took it and just stood there stalling. Even my AFC self knew that she was looking for a kiss, but my dumb ass couldn't get the courage to kiss her. Later, I sent her a dozen roses, which of course, was totally dumb.

-Other times, I had taken women out to expensive dinner hoping that I'd be able to convince them to give me sex. Wow, I was really clueless now.

Conclusion:
Not much happened tonight, but I guess I got to reflect on some things. No matter how badly I do and no matter how long it takes to get my first number close, my first kiss close, and my first fuck close, I should always remember what progress I've made. I remember the one time my friend Russell took me out and told me to "point and shoot." He was on a confidence high and he told me that night to point out any groups of girls, and we'd go talk to them. He actually followed through that night but we had no clue what to say so we bombed every set. After like the fourth one, I didn't want to go talk to girls anymore. Afterwards, I always remember how great that evening was. I always wished I could become bulletproof when it came to making approachs. Again, I'm now almost at that level. I still haven't been tested by a HB10 set. I imagine I'll have some approach anxiety with that type of set and I'll probably crash & burn since I have no experience with a set like that, but I'm now bulletproof with regular sets.

Total sets approached tonight: 4

Total approaches: 53

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?