Saturday, November 19, 2005

Weak Day Game:

I didn't really feel like going out tonight, but after talking to Seamas, I decided to try my day game at Border's. I figured it wouldn't be too hard as I made my 4th approach ever at a Border's a few weeks ago. Since then, I've had over 40 approaches in the bar/club scene so I figured I'd be fearless here as well. I talked into the bookstore and didn't see any good targets. I came upon two girls that were on the phone so I knew I couldn't open them. I went and looked at some cat calenders. Some older woman was looking at calenders so I said, "Hi." I'm still working on greeting everyone that I can so it becomes a natural part of my life.

I don't see any women worth approaching so I look for this book about "The Cube" game. I find it and look through it. Later, I walk to the Dating book section to find that book that is recommended for the "Dating for Dummies" opener. Some ugly girl walks by and I think about opening but don't even say, "Hi." Just as I'm about to leave, I go to the magazine section. I read the "Road & Track" and "Car and Driver" articles that put the new Corvette Z06 against the Viper. I can't believe how fast that Z06 is for it's $70K sticker price. It smokes the more expensive Viper in basically every category. As I'm dreaming about this car I'll probably never get, I see a HB7.5 sitting in the cafe area. I think about opening with the "Crappy Sketch Artist" routine but I get scared. I start wondering what people might think and I wonder if she's even available.

I think it shouldn't be too difficult for me to get rid of my approach anxiety in day game considering I almost completely eliminated it in my club game. Here's what I need to do:

1) I need to work out before I go sarging. I felt shitty like I did last Friday when I tried to sarge without working out that day. On top of that, I've had a sore throat all day which isn't helping things.

2) I know that I have to not care what anyone thinks. It's a lot easier at the bar because no one can really hear what you are saying to the girls. I guess my fear at the cafe was that the people around would hear my whole sarge and I got self conscious about that. I watched Fight Club last night as the people on ASF recommend. I need to get the "I don't give a fuck" attitude goinging for day game. In reality, it really doesn't matter what the girl thinks or what the spectators think. I need to practice my lines and routines so I can improve my game. Besides, while some people might laugh about my approach if it goes badly, I know that there will be some guys watching who will be wishing that they had the courage to go up and make the approach.

3) My problem isn't that uncommon. I've read posts from people who have an easier time making daytime approaches as opposed to club/bar approaches. On the other hand, there are people like me that find the clubs easier. Another factor that favors the clubs for me is that girls are expecting guys to come up to them. At the bookstore, they probably aren't so I don't feel as comfortable doing it.

4) I need to practice day game because it will help my overall game. It is also common knowledge that day game is supposed to be way easier than the club game. As they aren't expecting to be approached like at the bar, women I approach during the day time will be easier to pick up. They won't have their shields up (well, the hots ones still will, but not in the same way as they do at the clubs). In day game, the lone wolves are everywhere. In the club, I have to approach groups, and I already know the inherent problem with approaching 2-sets solo. Day game also will help me increase my total number of approaches, which again improves my game. I've only been getting 4-7 approaching in per bar night. I could easily make 2-3 approaching in the bookstore and polish of a few more at the mall.

I have to remember that I feel bad now because I didn't make any approaches. This is a worse feeling than the feeling I get when I get shot down. If I had made an approach, I would be feeling good about myself.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?