Saturday, December 17, 2005

AMOG's and a total BITCH

I was looking forward to building on yesterday's momentum. I now know that I have to go out at least 2-3 times a week or I end up having approach anxiety when I go back to sarging. Jason and I went out tonight for the first time in a month. I was looking forward to show that I've made some progress since our last encounter. We went to some place on the corner of Grand and Ashland in Chicago. I don't even know the name of it. We got there at 11pm and it was dead. Jason explained that it was a 4am place, so it would fill up later. Indeed, when we left, the place was packed, but there were too many guys packed in.

First approach:

I don't know if this even counts, but I'm trying to be more accurante in my count, so I'll mention it. Jason was saying that he'd like to talk to this one girl with glasses HB6. I turned and said, "Hi, are you having fun?" She gave me a weird look and kept walking.

BITCH set:
I usually don't use that term to describe my sets. The only other girl that deserved that term was the one at Alumni Club that messed up my inner game for a week. This was the first real set I opened. I told Jason I was going in and he followed me over. I'm not sure if I said, "Hi, how are you two doing?" or if I opened directly with the tent opener. I know that I definately said, "Hi" and quickly went into the tent opener. The tent opener hasn't been getting the "No" response that I had gotten the first 10 or so times I used it. Girls now are giving real answers. Anyway, I opened and Jason made some wisecracks about the tent. I think he does a good job, but then sometimes I think he makes me look beta by taking over the conversation.

In this set, there was a HB7.5bitch and a HB6.5 blonde. Jason was vibing really well with HB6.5. They were giggling and then even found out they have the same type of job. I was doing by best to game the HB7.5, but we weren't vibing. HbBitch then said really loudly, "Hey, she's married. I want you guys to know that this isn't going anywhere. You're nice guys but she's married and I have a boyfriend."
I tried to bust her out on that by saying, "What makes you think we're trying to pick you up. We're just talking."
She reponds, "I know what you two want and you're not going to get it here. We don't want to waste your time."
Me: Those two are getting along. Why don't you just let them be? I know you aren't going to let them hook up so why don't we just talk.
Jason then tried to talk to her but she wasn't having any of it. HB6.5 must have been drunk because she gave Jason a hug and then tried to give me a hug. I didn't give her a real hug because I didn't think they deserved it.

Bitch part 2:
Later we ended up next to these same girls. Jason and I start cracking up about them being next to us. We both turned to them and commented that we just happened to be standing there. I told them not to get the wrong idea. For some reason, Jason couldn't get the bartender's attention, so the girls ask us what we want to drink. Then, HB6.5 hands him a beer and he's reluctant to take it. I said he should take it because we deserve a free drink after the way they treated us. HB6.5 then says that she thinks we're nice, but the other girl again mentions that HB6.5 is married. (BTW, I'm thinking HB6.5 must be the cheating type if this friend is that worried about her.) I then ask where my drink is and HB6.5 tells me to share with Jason. I should have tried to grab HBbitch's water as I bet they would have let me have it.

Jason and the HB6.5 start vibing again. Jason kind of leaning over HBbitch to talk to HB6.5 and HBbitch won't make it easier for them to talk and just stays there as an obstable. I try to talk to HBbitch but she won't even acknowledge that I exist. I tell Jason that he can keep trying, but I was going to go talk to some other sets since this girl wouldn't even acknowledge me.

I'll say that HB7.5 wasn't a bitch like the girl at Alumni Club, but she sure did her best to control the situation in the first meeting and then just ignored me in the second meeting. I really want to know where she came off. She was decent looking, but I've had way hotter girls give me attention. I'd expect her attitude from a 9 or 10, but she wasn't good looking enough to have it. I'll give her some credit that at the beginning she was trying to let us off easy, but I still think it's BS that they assume I want them that badly when they aren't that hot.

Long set:
Right after the first set with bitch we walk towards the dance floor and see two girls. One's an UG5 and another is a HB6.5 Latina with dyed blonde hair. I just turn and open them. Jason ended up talking to the UG5 so I tried to game the Latina. We talked and I eventually ran the cube on her. While I was running the cube, I had my arm around her and she was cool with that. A few minutes later, though, she pushed my hand away and told me not to hug her like that. After that, I just wasn't feeling the vibe. I was talking to her but I just didn't feel that interested and I could tell she wasn't either. During this time, Jason had danced with the other girl for a bit and then they had come back.

Jason then went to get a drink. A friend of the girls came it. The Latina had mentioned that they were expecting a friend. The guy came up and started talking to the UG. I immediately went up to shake his hand. Jason then came back and he said we should just leave. I was fine with that as I knew my game had stalled with HBlatina. Jason also said he wasn't feeling it with the UG either. That set was the longest of the night though.

SHAQed again:
I'm pretty sure we got rejected on this set. I'm wondering if they heard me talking on the phone with Seamas. I had called him while Jason was on the dance floor. I was chatting with him when I saw two girls walk in. They ended up being next to me at the bar. These girls were probably both HB6.5's. Jason shows up after like 5 minutes, so I get off the phone with Seamas. I then walk a few feet and open the girls. I tell them that I just got off the phone with a buddy and I wanted to get their opinion on the tent guy. Jason cracks some jokes about it, and I saw I live in a car on the South side, and Jason lives in a tent on Lower Wacker. We all chat for a bit, but then Jason and the HBglasses start dominating the conversation. I then move Jason next to her (as I had been standing next to her) and I start talking to the other girl.

I start asking her what she does for fun and she says she really doesn't have time. She mentions that a friend is coming in from SF at midnight. I then ask her if she's been to SF and I ask her what she likes about it. We chat for a little bit. The conversation stalls and then I ask her if she's adventurous. She says she is but won't give me any story to demonstrate that she is. Then I say (and maybe this is where I messed up), "Surely you have some story. I know there's some stories your friend her knows about that you don't want to tell me and maybe there's even some stories you have never told anyone. I bet you can come up with something that's PG rated. Tell me something." She then says that they want to go sit down and she and the friend go over and sit in some chairs. Jason's girl leaves her cigarettes on the counter and Jason returns them and then walks away.

I'm not sure what happened. I might be reading too much into the timing of her departure. I suppose we could have followed them over to the chairs, but I was happy to just give up. I could tell I couldn't get a vibe going with this girl. She had her side facing me the whole time so I knew she wasn't that interested in what I had been saying. Later in the night, I made eye contact with her as we were about to leave but I wasn't going to reopen them. I think we had some stuff in common b/c she had mentioned that she was still groggy as she had just gotten up before they came to the bar. I guess she is a night person like me, but I never got to gain rapport with that.

4 set and my fear of dancing:

After the previous set, I see 4 Latina girls standing around. I turn to them and I say, "Hey, what's going on? It looks like you're all having a good time. Are you celebrating anything special?"
One of them replies that they are celebrating being done with school. Jason then does a good job displaying a party guy imagine by giving high fives. Jason ends up talking with the two near the bar. I end up talking to this HB7.5tall girl. I notice 2 guys run into her as she in an awkward spot where people kept walking by. I bust on her by saying, "Hey, I think they need to cut you off. You keep running into people."
She giggles and we talk for a bit. I knew we had some vibe as she ended up facing her body towards me. We chatted for a bit. I then accidentally bumped her foot at some point, and I joked, "Hey, you're running into me again. You're not the drunk one of the group, are you?"
The friend next to her started giggling. We chatted for a bit, but then this song game on that HBtall really liked. It came on right after I had asked a question. She leaned to her friends and said she wanted to go dance. Right after that, though, she apologized.

I know I should have just pulled her to the dance floor, but I'm a little self-conscious about dancing. I had danced by myself earlier in the night to a Madonna song, but I just haven't had good experiences dancing with girls so I didn't want to pull the girl to the dance floor. I bet she would have gone as the friends were slow in going out together. The two girls by Jason were taking a long time to get their drinks from the bartender, and HBtall's friend apparently didn't want to dance only with HBtall. Eventually, they all walk to the dance floor and I try to get Jason to go with but he won't.

Later, I spotted the set near the bar. I should have reenaged HBtall, but decided to open another girl instead. Later, I wanted to try talking to HBtall again, but I couldn't find her.

Quick set, and didn't open blondes:
I opened a girl that I thought was lone wolf. She said it was some dude's birthday next to her, so I talk to him and then just ejected.

We ended up leaving because the place was getting crowded. As we are heading for the door, we see two hot blondes dancing. Jason noticed them as he said, "Are you sure you're ready to leave?" I was about to open them but then I kept walking. At the coat check, I ask Jason if we should go back and talk to those blondes. He says that he saw they were with some dude. I was happy with just leaving.

AMOG:
We got to the new Rock & Roll McDonalds. We end up using the parking lot because we see it's free with a $6 purchase. Inside, we learn that it's free except for Friday & Saturday nights. We ended up getting ripped off $8 for 10 minutes parking. It's our fault b/c we didn't see the exception at the bottom. I had been the one who wanted to go in, but I would have done drive thru rather than let myself get raped for the $8.

Inside, we're standing in line, and Jason and some dude end up exchanging insults. They accuse each other of being gay. I try to defuse it by saing, "Hey, why don't you guys take it easy? I don't want to hear about gays. If I did, I go to Halsted and Broadway (the 'Boy's town' area."
Dude: Hey look at you with your Bahama Mama shirt.
Me: It's a Hawaiian shirt that's made in Hawaii (which it is.)
Dude: Are you Hawaiian?
Me: No.
Dude: I knew that.
Me: Lol. Really, I bet you've never been there. (I turn my back to him and order.)
Dude (to his friend): This guy thinks I've never been to Hawaii. I lived in Hawaii.
Me (I turn and look him right in the eye and say): Oh yeah. Where did you live?
Dude: Kona.
Me (I was ready just to drop this, but my BS meter was going off so I ask him a simple question): Oh yeah. What island is that on?
Dude: O'ahu.
Me: LOL. Dude, Kona's on the Big Island, not O'ahu.
Dude: I lived there too.
Me: Oh yeah. What town?
Dude: I lived near Diamond Head.
Me: (I knew that there were houses near Diamond Head that were like 20 million each. I was pretty sure he was full of shit.) Really? So you lived in one of those 20 million dollar houses?
Dude: Yeah.
Me: Then tell me why you're here in Chicago in the middle of winter.
Dude: You have to pay the bills somehow.
Me: Yeah (sarcastically).
Somehow, the guy said something that prompted me to say, "I was just in Maui two weeks ago."
Dude: Yeah, what city, Lahaina. (I'm surprised he knows a city there, though that would be the one that most people know. That and Kahului.)
Me: Kapalua. (backturn again.)
Dude: (I hear him say to his friend that he only lived there for 3 months.

Jason and I sit down and laugh about the guy. Jason wants to talk more shit, and I tell him not too because I really would rather not fight anyone, though I didn't think they'd do anything. As we walk out, I see them sitting at a table near the entrance. I looked at the guy and said, "Have a good night guys." I like showing guys that I don't give a shit and will still talk to them after some verbal sparring. Plus, I feel like I tooled him because we all knew that he was full of shit after I had asked him all those question. As we are walking out the second door, Jason mumbles some insults but they either don't hear or don't respond.

Lessons:
-I need to make the first approach as soon as possible. I took like 20 minutes to make an approach after we walked in. Granted, there were only like 2 sets we could have opened, though I did chicken out at the beginning. I was telling Jason about the shy opener. I wanted to say, "Hey, are you girls shy?... We've been standing her five minutes and you haven't said, 'Hi.'" Jason said he'd be really impressed if I did it. I almost opened this one set, but I debated it for a few minutes and then they ended up leaving.

-After I make the first approach, I feel like I'm on crack or something. It's a rush and I keep on wanting to open more sets. When I get rejected, I really want to open another set immediately. It's like part of me wants to show the set that rejected me that I don't care and that I'll go open more girls.

-The worst possible thing for me to do at the bar is to not approach. Even though I had good reasons for not doing anything last week when I was with Sidegames and my ex, I still felt horrible afterwards. I was so mad that I didn't approach any sets. Tonight, even though I didn't get any numbers, I feel great. I can see that if I keep approaching, I'm going to get good at this game.

-I should reenage sets. I don't know why I avoid doing. If I got totally rejected, I shouldn't reengage, but if I didn't and it seemed to be going well, I should open the set again.

-I need to start carrying around hand sanitizer. I hope I'm not getting sick now, but I wouldn't be surprised if I do. I just hope I don't b/c I want to be able to sarge like crazy with Seamas when he comes in on Wednesday.

-I hope that anti-smoking ban gets passed. Since I don't get the Trib anymore, I don't know whatever happened with the vote that was supposed to go down. I hate how my clothes stink of smoke after the bar and I know it's terrible for my lungs. Why should I have to breathe that crap? Smokers can poison their lungs, but why does everyone else have to join them? The restaurants are so full of shit when they claim that they'll lose business with a smoking ban. Restaurants and bars in other cities that have passed the ban didn't notice any decrease in revenue. What I'd really like it for IL to pass a law like CA has.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?