Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I made my first post and FR on mASF.



Leaving rough draft here: I never finished editing this and don't feel like it. In case there are any gems of info for me, I'm leaving it here.

Getting good at early game, l..

I have this tendancy to be too hard on myself. This is great as it drives me to succeed in life. That was the force that drove me to get good grades and always try to improve myself in whatever I do. Unfortunately, that same drive can create feelings of inadequacy. I'm convinced that I've had periods of depression because I was too hard on myself. Rather than focus on the successes that I have, or the improvements I've made, I focus on what still needs to be done. My inner voice is now telling me that my game is weak because of stupid mistakes I've made in the past few days. Fortunately, there is another voice that is telling me to look on the bright side.

Weird opening:
I can't stop thinking of this weird situation that happened near the end of my night at Coachlite bar on Roselle Road. I had been in the bar a few times so I had made about 4-5 approaches. I was doing my usual walk around the bar when a guy suddenly reached out his hand and grabbed mine. I looked at him and he said, "Have you ever kissed a guy?" I saw that he was with a cute girl HB7. (Honestly, I can't remember how hot she was. She was definately skinny and cute by I was so surprised at the whole situation that my memory is foggy). I respond, "No, and I don't plan to unless maybe she kissed me." I then walk about 15 feet to where my friends were standing.

The guy then comes up to me and says, "Sorry, she put me up to it." I then go up to her and say, "Why are you being shy? If you want to kiss me, just ask me." She then turns to the guy and whispering in his ear for a few seconds. Then she walks back towards me. She stands about 4-5 feet away facing me. The guy walks next to her and says to her, "Do you want to kiss him?" After she said that, she stood there for about 5-10 seconds more and then they walked away.

I thought about what had happened and about 30 seconds later, it dawned on me that I should have just walked up to her and kiss her. One of my wings said I should have put my arm around her waist and made my move. I decided to go look for them but I couldn't find them. I think they left out of embarassment or something.

Other sticking points:
-On Tuesday, I engaged this 38 year old HB7.5 for about 30-40 minutes. I didn't number close. The first mistake was when I ran the ESP test late in the set. I asked her to pick a number between 1&4. I guessed "3" and she said that she hadn't picked number yet. I then run part two. She sits there thinking and I say, "Okay, what's your number?" She says, "I don't have a phone number, I only have a cell." For a moment, a voice tells me I should ask her for her cell number and #close, but instead I say, "No, I meant what's your number between 1&10." Later in the set, she backturned me and talked to an AFC when I busted on her. I tried running "The Cube" on her but she said she couldn't focus at the bar. I stupidly came out with a barrage of busting, "Why can't you? You work here (it was her day off) and you can't block this out. " She said, "I just can't." I continued, "I thought you were adventurous and had a good imagination." I then looked away and backturned. Instead of engaging me, she went and talked to this AFC coworker. My wing thought I dropped her value too much and that's why she left. He even mentioned that he nudged me with his elbow when he heard me do the first bust.

-I need to plod every set. I sometimes eject during stalls, usually at the beginning of the night as I don't feel like I'm in my total sarge mode. I should always remember Gunwitch's "Make the 'ho say no."

-I don't know what to do when girls open me. Well, I know the theory, but it still feels so weird when it happens that I momentarily revert to a AFC. I respond with some lame BS and then she usually walks away. I think I need to immediately go into a routine if I can't think of anything to say.

-I need to go find targets that give me good vibes. My friend had opened this two set that turned out to be a mixed 3 set. I had talked to one of the girls and the guy. I felt like things had stalled, even though my buddy was still talking to a target. Suddenly, the third girl comes up and introduces herself, asks my name and then shakes my hand. Unfortunately, the girls got their drinks right after this and the AMOG (I could tell he was an AFC after I talked to him, but he still was smart enough to lead them to another part of the bar after getting the drinks.) About 5 minutes later, I'm standing there talking to my pivot (one of my wing's cousins) and that same set walked by me. As they were walking by, the girl who introduced herself to me said, "Hi" and lifted up her beer to toast me. I didn't have a drink so I toasted with my fist. The girl kept walking, though, as her friend and pivot were behind her. I'm pretty sure that I should have tried to find that set immediately, but instead I didn't and ended up opening a new set about 3-4 minutes later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?