Sunday, February 12, 2006

Postive to Negative Social Proof:

Okay, I finally have an entry about sarging in my blog that's supposed to be mostly about sarging. I just got back from Coach House on Roselle Rd. There, I just wasn't feeling it, though I did make an effort to be socialable. I chatted with a few cool guys: an older Vietnamese guy, and this guy named Jimmy. He said he grew up in the area but it sounded like he spents some time in Costa Rica. As for girls, I talked to a three set that I opened when I first walked in. One was a cute blonde, HB7.5, the other two were sisters. One had glasses and was a 7, the other was chubby; we'll say HB6. I opened the blonde and somehow ended up talking to the chubby one. I stalled so I ejected and walked around. Later, I opened the set again and talked to the glasses girl. I ran the tent opener on her, but I ejected because I just wasn't feeling it. I talked to a few other girls, but I didn't really hold any sets. It seemed like too many girls were on the dance floor this time.

DaveWow's Birthday:

The evening started at this Italian place just north of Clark & Diversey in the City. I had picked up Pablo and his wife. This turned out to be a small mistake, but it doesn't really bother me. At the party, I had a warm call of a school teacher. Jason's ex was also there. I tried gaming the new school teacher, but she just didn't seem that interesting. When I asked her if she were adventurous, she actually said, "No." Out of all the girls that I've asked that question, none have ever said they weren't adventurous. When I asked her what she did for fun, she took like 20 seconds to come up with the answer that she watched movies. I should have tried to chat more, but I figured I'd do so at the bar.

DaveWow Sees the New Me:

I was in a bar briefly with the crew from dinner. I got to see massive social proof in action with the one set that I opened. When we walked in, I saw some bigger girls sitting by the door. I opened them with a geniune indirect opener. I asked if the place was cool as half of our crew was outside b/c the bouncer hadn't let them in yet. I told them this and they said the place was cool. When they asked about my crew, I pointed to the people that were in: the two female school teachers, DaveWow and his girlfriend. I then pointed to some people outside. I got instant IOI's from these girls. One girl asked me my name right away and I would have kept talking to them if Pablo hadn't called my phone.

People cruising early:
I don't feel so bad about Pablo and his wife wanting to leave as a bunch of our group left after being in the bar only ten minutes. I was going to go back after dropping Pablo and his wife home. I called Dave and he initially said they were going to be out until 3am. When I asked again to verify if they were going out until 3am or only until 1am, he said they were going home soon, so I just told them I was going home. I decided to go out sarging on my own since I was already dressed. I had a decision to make: go to Alumni Club or Coach House. I figured Coach might be better since Alumni starts to drain out around 1:30am.


Lessons:
I need to make sure I go out at least three times a week. I could tell I lost some of my game since I haven't been practicing. I'm still proud of myself as I talked to people. Also, the fact that I seem so different at the bar to people who don't know my new personality gives me confidence. When I actually am out a long time for the next birthday, they'll really see the difference.

I'm looking forward to day game tomorrow. Because I didn't do so well at the club, I want to practice day game. I am feeling like day game might be both better and easier. The theory is that the girls there don't necessarily go to clubs. The ones at the clubs have their shields up, while girls at the bookstore of the coffee shop won't be as defensive (unless they are 10's of course). I also feel like my game is useless in at least half of most clubs as girls can't hear me. It's a pain in the ass to have to yell and the game doesn't run as good when it's hard to have a conversation. At the coffee shop, I know the girl will be able to hear me. I just have to go out there and sarge later today.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?