Thursday, February 09, 2006

Suicide on UA 209:

In the UA forum on Flyertalk, someone post this thread about UA209 being diverted to DEN because a man committed suicide in the lavatory (apparently by hanging himself). As I say in the thread, I feel sorry for the guy, but I also feel sorry for the people who had to discover this morbid scene. A friend of mine, CozDad, we'll call him, once told me a story about how he once discovered a guy who had hung himself. He described the scene in detail. I remember him saying something like, "If you're going to kill yourself, fine, but don't do it in a way that's going to scar the people that find you." He then told me that if he ever killed himself, he'd just get drunk and swim out into the ocean and he'd just drown out there. As I say in the thread, the flight attendants who discovered this guy are always going to remember how they found the body hanging in the lavatory.

I've suffered from depression myself in the past and I have thought about ending it all, but luckily I never went through with it. I really think my cat Oliver has been a huge help in preventing me from ever feeling that depressed again. Ever since I've had him, I've never felt as down as I had several times before I got him in 2001. By working out, practicing my game, purging negative thoughts, and maintaining a positive outlook in life, I hope to never suffer from depression again.

Edit:
More details here. He seems like a troubled man.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?