Thursday, April 27, 2006

Busted myself out of an AI opening at Border's:

I met my buddy and saw the movie, Thanks for Smoking this evening. Afterwards, I dragged him to the Border's so I could try to sarge some sets. After he left, I went downstairs and saw these two girls as I walked. I made eye contact with the prettier one. (I don't remember if she smiled or not, but she didn't look away right away so I figured it was on.) I was a little nervous about opening a two-set in day game but I was ready to do it. I go pretend to look at some books in the corner and the cutie walks by. I say, "Hi" to her. She looks back and then says, "Two books. X bible and Y book." I was thinking, WTF, so I said what immediately came to my head, "Do I look like I work here?!" She then got all flustered and started walking away. As she did this, she said, "Oh, I guess you were just saying, 'Hi.' That was nice of you." I should have approached them again but I felt weird and ended up looking for others sets (there were none in the store).

Two things come to mind when I analyze this. First, she probably knew I didn't work there. It's obvious who the employees are b/c they were the same outfits, and they have an ID badge around their neck. Even if she did think I worked there, I should have said something better like, "I don't work here, but why don't you give me a female opinion on something..." I also should have approached the set again. The friend was alone for a few minutes so I should have opened her and then I could have run the two set when the friend came back. That was weak for me not too. This set does show that it's good to say, "Hi" to random girls. I immediately found myself in a brief conversation by just saying, "Hi."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?