Thursday, April 20, 2006

#Close at bookstore, then busted up at Alumni Club:

I was going to go to the bar tonight, but I just felt tired and out of it, so I decided to KJ by reading the mASF forums and writing a field report for Tuesday. My plan Tuesday was to hit the bookstore and then use my free Mixmaster Throwdown print out to get into Dakota's for free. Things got messed up b/c this girl that I had been sarging called me up to complain about this AFC boyfriend. (Yeah, I know...) The good thing is that talking to her got me into a talkative state, which I think ended up helping me. When I got off the phone with the myspace girl, I went into Border's and went into the bathroom. On the way in, I spotted this cute brunette. I told myself that I needed to sarge her when I came out.

HBbookstore:

I walked out of the rest room and turned towards where I saw the HB. She was still there so I walked past and then hovered near her for about 2-3 seconds and then I opened her. I was planning on using my tent opener, but I ended up asking about the new Seattle's Best Coffee place. She didn't know anything about the new coffee shop so then I went into the tent opener. I don't really remember the entire conversation. I actually should have written this report on Tuesday when it was fresh b/c it's been awhile since I've had a good set. I just remember that I had thought so much about how I need to be more descriptive and colorful when speaking that I actually did this. I did my best to describe whatever I was talking about so she could start to picture what I was describing in my head. Then, I tried to talk about what emotions I was feeling. For example, I described looking up at the stars in Hawaii:

I remember how amazing the sky was in Hawaii. It's so different there b/c you don't have the light pollution that you do here. I remember looking up and it almost didn't seem real. There were starts everywhere it the sky. I couldn't help but feel a sense of wonder and awe as I looked up. I wondered about what was out there and I pondered whether or not someone, on some other planet, was doing the same thing. I also remember feeling so small as I appreciated the size of the cosmos.

We talked for about 20-30 minutes. She was giving me IOI's in two ways. First, we had deep eye contact going on. I remember that we had two or three pauses in the conversation. The conversation momentarily stopped but we still help eye contact and gazed into each other eyes. I had definitely reached the hooking point b/c I remember that two of those times, she reinitiated the conversation by asking me questions. Her attention was totally on me: I remember one time looking over at a shelf to my right and I saw that she too looked over.

Later in the set, I felt that I might be running out of stuff to say, so I decided to number close using one of the Player Guide techniques. I said, "Well, I have to go meet my friends at Dakota's. (I had mentioned I was headed to the bar.) I have an intuition that when we get a chance to talk without time constraints or interruptions, we'll really enjoy each other company. I was wondering if there's a number where you'd feel comfortable having me call you." She smiled and said yes. I actually fumbled on a few of the words for that close, but she didn't seem to mind. She did say something when I whipped out my trusty notepad and pen. She said, "I see you're prepared." I remember getting shit-tested about this in FL (the girl had asked if I do this a lot). I used the same excuse I used then: I said that I use my notepad to write down any negative thoughts that I can't purge from my head. She noticed it was blanked but I quickly replied that I tear them out when I get home.

Just as she was about to write my phone number, I asked her name b/c we actually hadn't exchanged names. I don't like introducing myself early in the sarge b/c it's an IOI if the girl asks you for your name. As she was telling me her name, I extended my hand and shook her hand. I made sure to hold her hand a bit longer than expected and I looked deeply into her eyes when I told her my name. I always try to remember how Jack Nicholson did this in Witches of Eastwick.

After she gave me the notepad back, I decided to try to set up the Day 2 now. I know that numbers don't mean anything and it's often hard to set up a day 2 even after you've gotten the phone number. You call, and then she doesn't answer. You have to wait for her to call back, and they often don't so you have to call again. I wanted to avoid all that, so I asked her if she'd like to get coffee at the Streets of Woodfield Starbucks. I asked her when she was free, but before she could say anything, I said, "Let me think about what I'm doing this week... I'm actually busy the rest of this week so how about next week?" (I said the actual day and we agreed on a time.)

Tonight, I found out the number is solid. I forgot to call it on Tuesday so I could give her my number and verify the phone #. I also forgot to give her the phone call rules. It's been so long since I've #closed so I'm out of practice, but I'll remember that stuff next time. I got her voice mail tonight, as I expected. Still, it looks like it's still on.

Alumni Club Tuesday:
Since it was too late to use my free pass for Dakota's I decided to save $5 and hit Alumni Club. That was a mistake. I'll never go there on Tuesday again as it was a total sausage fest. I felt I had a solid number close as I had talked to the girl for a long time and felt a connection, but I wanted to get more numbers so I wouldn't be too nervous when I called. I thought things were going great when I chatted up some girl on the dance floor. She was playing with her phone and I told her it would be easier to talk if she wasn't on the dance floor. I asked her some other stuff, and she asked me something. I couldn't hear well so I asked her to come to a different part of the club. She agreed, which surprised me, but as we were walking there, she started to make objections. I told her we were just going somewhere quieter. I stopped about halfway between the dance floor and where I wanted to go b/c she was losing interest.

I chatted with her for about 3-4 minutes. I thought it was going okay, but she kept wondering where her friend was. She said the AFC friend had a shot for her. I told her she could get another one from the shot girl. We continued the conversation, but then she brought up the objection again. She then said she was going to find her friend, but "Come find me later." That's usually BS so I didn't bother. I should've reapproached anyway, but oh well.

Warpigs:
I saw these three fat girls at a table near Golden Tee. I decided to open them as there weren't many sets. I got along with the girl closest to me and another girl on the opposite table started to warm up to me. I was doing pretty well, but I couldn't engage the girl that was farthest from me. That ended up being my undoing. At one point, she asked, "Where are you friends?"
Me: I was supposed to meet up with a buddy but he ended up not coming b/c he wife wouldn't let him out. I decided I'd come out anyway.
Warpig: Oh yeah. Call him up and let me straighten him out.
Me: He's sleeping.
Warpig: You're no fun. Call him up.
Me: No.
Warpig: Well, then you can get the fuck out of here. You're no fun.
Me: (I start laughing that she's being like this. )
Warpig: What are you laughing about? I was serious.
Me: (I start with the negs). What's wrong with your friend here? Geez. Where's her off button? You need to cut her off.

The girl on the opposite table started to apologize for her friend but I knew I couldn't stay in this set with this abuse. I said, "Well, it was a pleasure meeting you. I'm going to let your friend calm down there and maybe I'll come back later. I'm not going to take this."

Was going to Neg an HB, but got my opener busted instead:

Later in the night, I saw this HB8 or possibly 8.5. She was thin, had decent size breasts, and she was a few inches taller than me. I remember thinking that I should try a neg, but then I ran my opener.

Me: Hey, I want to get an opinion on something. It'll only take a sec. Would you date a guy that lived in a tent?
HB: And on that note (backturn).
Me: (I start laughing).

I guess my read was right. I should have negged b/c she had her shields on maximum. I have gotten blown out on openers b/4, but it was usually b/c the girl couldn't hear me. The close I've come was when some girl waved me off at Cadillac Ranch. I started to laugh that time too and the girl actually saw it. This situation bothered me b/c the girl couldn't see me laughing at her. As I think back on it, I should have approached again, and talked to the friend. I then could have negged this girl by saying, "She doesn't get out much does she?" If the HB said something obnoxious, I would have said, "I actually was talking to you so I could talk to your friend here."
The whole situation is funny b/c the girl was hot, but the girls from the redhead set at Barleycorn on Saturday were way hotter and they actually listened to me for 3+ minutes.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?