Thursday, April 20, 2006

Daytime Sarging at Oakbrook Mall:

It was a beautiful day today so I decided to go sarging at Oakbrook Mall which is an outdoor mall. It was fun, but it wasn't so good for sarging. First, most of the sets were moving sets. ASF wisdom says that moving sets are the hardest to open. Next, a lot of the lone wolves that you see seated are on the phone or have baby strollers. Finally, it takes a long time to find quality sets so it's easy to fall out of state.

The good thing about the mall is that you have a ton of hired guns to work on. I went into a few stores and if there were no HB hired guns, I'd just talk to any woman employee and ask about the products. I'd make funny comments if they came to my head. I'd also relate some story if approriate. For example, I went into Harry & David's and asked about fruit cakes. The woman said they only sell fruit cakes around Christmas. Then, I told her about the forty year old fruit cake I heard about on the radio. I'll say that practicing talking on hired guns helps. I learned I was talking to softly when the woman at Harry and David's couldn't hear me. I also felt in a better mood since I had actually talked to a few women.

I ejected from a Marshall Fields set like a moron :(

After I was warmed up, I found myself walking through Marshall Fields. I was trying to talk to my mother on the phone but I had lost the connection so I was making my way out of the store. Just as I was about to exit, I made eye contact with this hired gun who had a jar of moisturizer in her hand. Clearly, she was assigned to demostrate and sell the stuff, but there was no one in her area. I said, "Hi" b/c we had made eye contact then I walked over. I asked what she was selling and she told me. I told her that I had asked about moisturizers at Bath and Body works. Then, I ran the tent opener. We talked about that for a bit. I started to talk about how nice it was outside. I ejected soon after that. I realize now it was b/c I felt uncomfortable. Part of me still believes that I'm bothering her so I wanted to eject. Of course, she was probably bored and welcomed some distractions, especially from a cute guy with game :) I have to remember that I'm doing girls a favor, even hired guns. If they want me to eject, they can always say that they have to get back to work, or that they'll get in trouble if we keep chatting. I should have kept plowing through this set and I probably could have closed her.

Tommorrow, I'm going to hit another mall and try more day game. I need to wake up early and get there when it lunch time. When I've met Beata for lunch, there have been a ton of good looking lone wolves who are out for lunch. I just have to remember that I need to run fast game so I can close them b/4 they have to back to work. I can also run game on the hired guns, and this time I won't eject. I should go into as many stores as I can and just pretend to look at stuff.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?