Saturday, April 29, 2006

Sarging leads me to a 221 game in Bowling:

I went out bowling to celebrate a college friend's 30th birthday. It was all guys, except for this one guy's girlfriend Tina, and this other girl. I had actually met this girl previously. She was the ex-wife of I guy I've hung out with before. My buddy said that she has a boyfriend but he made it sound like they were on and off. I decided I'd sarge her. I thought I was doing pretty well. At one point, we were having such a good conversation that we lost track of what was going on in the game. The other people had to keep reminding us that it was our turn to bowl. Sometime amazing happened that game too. I bowled a "4" in the first frame and then had an open frame the second game. Tina and I decided to bet a drink on the game and I just went into the zone. I ended up bowling 7 strikes in a row (frame 3-9 were all strikes). I messed up in the 10th frame and bowled an "8" but then I made a spare and followed up with a strike. I ended up with a 221 game which is my highest ever. Part of the reason I got in the zone was the bet, but it was also the conversation. I'd just go up, bowl a strike, and then the other chick and I would continue our conversation.

I was going to close the girl but she started mentioning a husband. If she was telling me the truth, then she married the boyfriend. I called my buddy afterwards, but he was having car problems so didn't stay on the phone long. He said that he didn't know she was married, but for all he knows, she could be as he doesn't talk to her that often. I probably should have tried a number close anyway, but I don't think it was happening. As the night ended, I was waiting for my score to print out. She was standing there and I said, "Hey, I want to read some of your stories." She had mentioned that I should read some of her writing (apparently she's pretty good as she's been published in six time in literary magazines). She said that I could pick up the magazine or I could find them online. I then asked for her e-mail and she didn't seem too into giving it to me so maybe she was married. I didn't see a ring, though, so I don't know if I fucked up the sarge or if she really was married.

It's stupid to dwell on such things, but I can't help but wonder if I'm somehow telegraphing too much interest. If she's not married that something's seriously fucked up in my game. I also had that girl earlier this week tell me she's engaged, but that seem sketchy too. The only thing I've did with both sets is maintain strong eye contact.

Dick's Sporting goods:
Before I went bowling, I hit the Streets of Woodfield again. I went into Dick's Sporting goods and ended up chatting with this guy. He wanted to hang out. I'm hoping I can turn him into a wing. He doesn't know about any of this stuff, but maybe I can turn him onto it. While I was talking to him, I spotted a cute blonde in a section near us. I excused myself from him and went to sarge that set. I quickly found out it was a two set. I ran the tent on them, but as soon as they answered ,they started walking away. I should have ran my follow up questions immediatly so they didn't have a moment to decide to walk away.

Starbucks teacher:
On the way to Dick's I had spotted a cute blonde in Starbuck's. I decided to go back to see if she was still there. She was still sitting alone and I actually saw an AFC near here looking at her. I know he wanted to talk to her. I think she saw me checking her out which probably made my indirect opener seem incongruent. I ordered my drink and then walked towards here. I knew it was going to look obvious that I was going to talk to her, but I didn't let that stop me. The problem was that all the tables near here were taken, and the only empty seats were next to some old guy or at her table. As I walked by, I used the tent opener on her. I added a new line into my opener. Just after she said no to the tent guy, I asked her if she'd date something that lived in a multi-million dollar house. I didn't even let her respond as I immediately followed with, "I know the answer, yes." Then I went to explain the tent story. She said she'd already "been there and done that," meaning she's already tried dating an AFC that lived in a huge house.

I found out she's a music teacher. At the beginning, she gave me her full attention, but then she started to grade her papers again. I took that as a huge IOD, but I thought of Gunwitch. In his e-book, Gunwitch says that if a girl starts looking at her watch, "You keep talking." He says you never eject unless she walks away or tells you to go away. I decided to keep plowing. I remember she apologized for grading the papers while talking to me, but I just felt like I wasn't getting anywhere. I was also getting late for the birthday party so I ejected.

Progress:
I'll say that I am a TON less nervous around girls than I was before all this. I chatted and joked around with this guy's girlfriend while bowling. Previously, I would have been terrified of even talking to her, even though she was taken. I asked her about her single friends, but I didn't get to press that angle b/c I ended up focusing my attention on the writer chick. Regardless of the ultimate failure of the writerHB sarge, I know I have some decent material. We did have a deep conversation at points, and I think I did up her buying temperature when I ran my altered time pattern.

Problems:
I shouldn't worry if my game is totally fucked up and that's why the chick might have been pretending to be married. Maybe I'm just imagining things and my buddy just didn't know she was married. Still, why didn't she have a ring? I've heard that some women don't wear rings, but still... I suppose, if I'm going to be crazy like this, I might as well mention the more favorable interpretation. She definately had the boyfriend and she talked to him. I saw her on the phone and she was speaking Spanish so it must have been him as he speaks no English. If the guy isn't her husband and is just her serious boyfriend, an alternate interpretation is that I was raising her buying temperature and she felt guilty for letting that happen. She figured she'd blow me out by telling me she's married. Oh well, I don't know and I'll still keep sarging regardless.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?