Thursday, June 08, 2006

PUA Goals:

I originally posted this on my myspace account. I'm not sure if I'm ready to link my myspace blog to this blog. I'm sure someone who's resourceful could easily make the link, but why make it easier for people? I link several messages boards to this blog, but none to my myspace account. I'm less anxious about linking this to my myspace account than the reverse. The people who go to my myspace account actually know me, and many don't know about this PUA aspect of my life. That changed today. I changed my profile to describe me as an "Aspiring PUA." I posted the message below to explain the goals of my PUA journey. As I say in the entry, when I've reach the final stage, I'll freely link both blogs together. In the meantime, I'm just going to cross-post select entries. The myspace people don't need to know all the details that I've posted thus far.

Myspace post:
Okay, I've taken the next step. I have enough confidence now that I'm not going to hide from who I am. Part of me is an aspiring Pick-up Artist and there's no reason to hide that fact. As I said in my mission statement, I have another blog that describes my PUA journey. At the final stage in my development, I'll link that blog to this page. I'm not ready for that yet. In the meantime, I'll cross post certain entries that I think are appropriate for this blog.

In one of his DVD's, Mystery says something like the following at the start of his seminar:

Nature will unapologetically weed your genes out of existence if you cannot develop the skill set to attract a beautiful women.

I will now expand upon this to define what are my actual goals in this journey. Being a man, I of course want to be with a beautiful woman. As I've travelled on this journey, I've discovered that becoming a PUA is more than that, at least for me. After meeting hundreds of "party girls" I understand that beauty is common. I see beautiful girls everyday in the Chicago suburbs, and I bet I'll see an insane amount when I go to a Manhattan club this Friday. I've also heard from the Community that LA is filled with beautiful women. I get bored with this party girls. A truly beautiful woman is not just good-looking, but also has a personality that is compatible with mine. She's also intelligent and knows what she wants out of life. That's the first goal of this journey then: finding beautiful woman who is your ideal woman/soulmate.

Along the way, you learn to be a fun, outgoing party guy in general. I developed this skill by going to the bar by myself. That's the best way to improve your social skills. When you go with friends, it's easy to just hang with them and not talk to anyone. When you go by yourself, you're forced to talk to people or you look like an idiot standing there by yourself. I had a great experience the first time I did this at Alunni Club back in November. In Allentown, this past weekend, I realized how much I had improved. As soon as I walked into the hotel bar, I opened guys and girls and I clicked with them right away. The community would describe this skill as being part of "outer game."

I've also developed my "inner game" during this journey. I would define inner game as self-esteem and self-confidence. I used to have very low self-esteem. High school set me back in that department too. I started to improve when I got into college but I never truly found confidence in myself until I started this journey. Talking to hundreds of women has almost eliminated the anxiety I used to feel when talking to women. Women used to seem like an alien species to me, but not any more. I'm also more comfortable among guys. I no longer wonder what people think of me. I know now that I'm the best judge of myself. I don't care what random people think of me. You give strangers too much credit when you allow the opinion that they formed of you (in just a few seconds) to influence how you feel about yourself.

I'll expand upon the rest of my goals later, but I'd like to close by saying that this journey has helped me understand social interactions and other people. In the clubs, I understand the social dynamics so much better. For example, I can look around a club and explain many of the things that are happening. I can point out girl eye-coding. I can tell when some lame guy is about to be busted out by a girl. I can tell what guys are doing right and what they are doing wrong. When I'm in a set, I can tell when I've reached the hooking point (the community uses this term to refer to when you've reached the point where the set wants you to stay), and I can tell when I'm not paying enough attention to the other girl(s) in the set, and they are about to bust me out by saying "Let's Dance," or "Let's go to the bathroom." What I mean about understanding people is that I empathise with people much better. When someone is annoying or rude, I usually can develop a short explanation in my head of why that's happening. In other words, I don't let it bother me. In my low self-esteem past, I would have assumed something was wrong with me, but now I understand that it often has nothing to do with me. The person might be having a bad day or might have his own self-esteem problems.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?