Monday, January 01, 2007

New Years Eve Party Field Report

Now I've done some housekeeping and it's time to get to my report. I would have been embarrassed to post this report because this was a failure due to my own inaction. I have to restart somewhere so I feel like I can learn from tonight's experience.

I went to a friend's New Years party. As with most parties I've attended lately, there wore guys than girls. When I got there, there were only four girls, and my friend told me that they were all taken. Jason showed up about twenty minutes later and I decided to just chill with him. He's always a blast and even though we hung out the previous night for the Ortiz-Liddell fight, we still had much to discuss.

Much to my surprised three girls rolled in with a probably AFC boyfriend in tow. One caught my eye immediately. She was this tall, pale girl. Later, I heard her claim to be a redhead, or strawberry blonde, but I really thought it was more of a dirty blonde color. Anyway, tall girls always do it for me, and she was the best looking target at the party.

Now, I kept planning my moves for the next hour. I figured I wouldn't do anything b/c I didn't have full confidence to jump into the mixed 4 set when I haven't sarged in like four months. That would have been the best move. You take over the set, win over the dude, win over the other girls, and then the target will be so glad you want to isolate her and talk to her.

Well, I ended up opening her when she walked by on her way to get some snacks. This Polish friend of my ex was there. I was talking to Jason, her and her fiance. She had asked me if I wanted to join a vollyball team. When I saw this girl walk by, I decided to use my vollyball girl line that I had used a few times in the past.

I've used it twice. I teased this tall blonde at Starbucks over the summer. She actually did play vollyball and I got a small and some small talk with her while ordering my drink. (I never got to follow through on that as I stopped sarging not long after that). I also used the, "Hey, do you play vollyball" to this tall girl at Barleycorn during a PUA meetup with Dahunter back in July . I wrote about how this HB9 flipped me off and the community guys that I had "stones" for using such a line.

I asked my target, "Hey, do you play vollyball? My friend her is starting a team." She replied, "No. Just because I'm tall doesn't mean I play vollyball or basketball." Thinking back on this, I think she thought I was busting on her, and she probably was self conscious about it. Jason made a few comments that I don't recall, and then she busted on Jason for being short. It's funny that I'm even shorter than Jason. She ended up walking away.

In a few minutes, one of her friends walk by. I told her that her friend had insulted my friend. I then related the story, and I said, "I guess I understand her. She probably is self-conscious about her height. In grade school, they probably cracked jokes, but I was serious about the vollyball team." The friend confirmed my read and also told me that she'd known my target since grade school.

Later, I decide to try to join the Charades game going in the other room. First, I work the party. There's my group in the kitchen. Another group is playing some card game in the dining room. I BS with someone there. Then I observe the charades game for like 30 seconds, and then I go check out the poker game downstairs. They were just messing around and I didn't want to play anyway. I hung with them and then came back up. I then joined the game.

My problem was my target was on the other side of the room and sitting among her friends. Jason joins that game and I end up performing once. She banters with Jason again. I'm sitting on the floor next to another couch and Jason is sitting behind the couch. The girl ends up sitting in the couch next to us. I bust on her a bit since she's close. At some point, the girl walks by and smacks me in the head. It wasn't hard, it was more of a playful hit.

Now, the problem is that every one saw this shit so I had so show that I wasn't going to be some chump. I commented to the room that she's lucky she's a woman. When she comes back, I should smack her, but I'll cut her some slack since she's a girl. When she sits down again, I use the old PUA line, "I can tell you and I are not going to get along, I won't take your shit and you won't take mine." She tells me that she didn't mean anything with the hit, she says she just plays around with guys like that. I tell her that she can be my new little sister. She says that I have to be her little brother. I tell her, "No, that would work. You're my little sister."

Here, she says, "Do you know how old I am?" Now here is where I make a mistake. It's not a big one, but I recognize now that I could have begun to win her over. The perfect line, I think, would have been to say, "Well, you still look young. Anyway, I think age is more of a state of mind that a number. I know 40 year old guys that still have the heart of a 20 year old, and I know twenty-something that act like their older. I mean they act like they've lost that zest of life that you often see in youg people. " I could even have continued by saying, "Now, I don't see that in you. However old you or I are, I can tell we both still have that energy... that passion for life."

Instead, I didn't realize that we had gotten past the ball busting stage and were ready for rapport. Instead, I made the mistake I've oftne made: I broke rapport with a cocky-funny routine. To, "Do you know how old I am?" I responded, "No, do you know how old I am?" She said, "No" and I used the line (I believe Mystery's line), "I'm a baby. I crawled out of my crib, stole my brother's ID, and snuck in the back door." She smirked, but I know now that I shouldn't have backtracked the sarge.

Later, some AFC gets up and she has the couch to herself. It's a loveseat, and she streches her legs out over the other space. I could have just made her move over so I could sit, but I wanted to make it less obvious. I took a piss, and then came back. Here, I lacked some stones too. I sat on the enge of the couch and told her, "Hey sis, I'm sitting her, but I need some personal space."

Now, Jason rolls in and just sits down on the couch when my target gets up to perform for charades. She sits down next to him. I thought he was going to make moves, but he talks to her and doesn't. Later, he told me he wasn't feeling it from her. My analysis is that either one of us could have sarged her. She was looking, but both of us idiots didn't follow through.

She ends up sitting next to me a few minutes later. I can tell we're ready to be in the rapport stage as I felt her out with a question. I said, "What's up with you anyway? I bet you have brothers and that's why you put out this hard shell." She said that she has a younger brother. Rather that continuing, I decide to practice "state control" (TD's defintion meaning I decided to protect myself from feeling bad by possible rejection) and I didn't continue with my line of questioning.

I was WEAK:

I had played the game well up to this point. I could have won her over earlier if I had used the lines I posted above, but I definately could have continued to the rapport stage with her. With decent game, I bet I could have created a connection, and I'd probably have her number. I think she made either a conscious or unconscious decision to sit near Jason and I and I think she would have been receptive to either of us. Jason was still in the busting stage. I was at the point where all the BS testing was over, and I just had to build a connection. Easy as this isn't a club environment. Instead, I practiced state control by playing the charade game until she had to leave.

It's okay. I feel bad about my failure, but I've made this mistake many times before. I've failed to close and I even rejected a bookstore girl in July who gave me a second opportunity to number close her as we were leaving the backstore. It happens.

Burning:

I talked about this in my previous entry. I feel motivated and I feel a need to get back in The Game. Geniune PUAs have seen potential in me and it's time to believe in it and harness it. I know that if I'm out sarging regularly, I'll feel even more confidence and I won't fail to follow through. The party was playing on "easy" level. Being out of practice, I still showed some good moves and if I had been sarging a few times the last two weeks, I probably would have closed this girl instead of practicing "state control."

So, I feel determination from this personal failure ,but I also got a hint of that rush that I get from sarging. Since I've spent so much time lately alone and in front of my computer, I definately feel that I need to go out and be social. We're social creatures, after all. I feel great when I sarge because I know that I'm practicing a skill set that I never thought I have. Sure, I used to beat myself up for not having advanced more, but when contrasted with the average person, I really see how much I've improved. I'll tell you that i felt ZERO fear or anxiety when talking to guys at the party. I should to be shy when talking to strangers and that still gone. I didn't feel as nervous talking to women, though I feel some fear when I first was going to open my target.

I just fear that I'm going to go to the bar and sit in the corner alone playing Golden Tee. Maybe that'll happen, but I think when I go out again at some point this week, I'll force myself to open sets. I'll start with the simple goal of just running openers on sets. If I feel up to it, I'll run some routines until I get busted out, but I'll be happy to just open and eject the first night. I'll update my journey as usual and I think my entries will be more frequent that they have been lately. I don't think I can sarge 4 times a week like I was last summer, but I can fit a full work week, exercise, and sarging at least two nights a week.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?